Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) and the School of Health Professions (SHP) at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio) agree to offer qualified students the opportunity to participate in a collaborative program that facilitates early acceptance into the SHP. Qualified students will earn a Bachelor of Science degree from TAMIU’s College of Arts and Sciences, and then matriculate into one of the SHP’s graduate programs – Master of Science in Respiratory Care (MSRC), Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences (MSMLS), Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD), or Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT).
Students granted early acceptance in the collaborative partnership programs will have opportunities to interact with current health professions faculty and students at SHP and will be offered opportunities for career exploration, academic advising, and enrichment.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current TAMIU student (classified a sophomore or junior)
- Earn a minimum overall and science GPA of 3.2 at (TAMIU)
- Complete 24 semester credit hours, including 12 semester credit hours in specific science and math prerequisite courses at TAMIU during the first year of enrollment
- Complete 20 hours of working, volunteering, shadowing, or observing in a health care setting corresponding to the selected graduate program
- Completion of a successful interview with assigned LEAP faculty
Applicants admitted into the program are required to maintain overall and science TAMIU GPA of 3.2 or above. To be admitted into a SHP graduate program, the applicant must also fulfill all program-specific admission requirements, including a successful interview (if applicable).
September 1 - December 1
January 15 - April 15
Also, make sure to include this information and add the attached documents.