- High school diploma or equivalent
- Official transcripts
- Complete Apply Texas application
No prior health care experience or college prerequisites are required for the EMT-Basic program. Applicants interested in becoming paramedics who successfully complete the EMT program this summer will be eligible to continue into the paramedic program in the fall.
Application and Fee
Apply Texas Instructions:
- Create an Apply Texas application
- Create a new 4-year university undergraduate admission application
- Target University: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (San Antonio)
- Application Type: Freshman, U.S. (if the student has not attended college); Transfer, U.S. (if the student has attended college)
- Semester of Entry: Summer 2024
- School: School of Health Professions
- Major: Cert Emergency Medical Technology-Basic
All fields will need to be completed and the applicant will need to pay the $60 application fee.
Submit your official transcripts to the University Registrar.
- Electronically via the National Student Clearinghouse
- Electronically via email directly from your high school or previous college or university to email@example.com.
- Physically via mail to the address:
UT Health San Antonio
Office of the University Registrar – MSC 7702
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900