The admission requirements for the BSMS degree program align with the general requirements of the UT Health San Antonio School of Health Professions. All of the required application information, including Official transcripts from all institutions attended, must be submitted in order for an applicant to be considered by the BSMS program Admissions Committee.
- Admissions application, fee, transcripts, and all required documents must be received by the deadline in order to be considered on-time and eligible for review.
- A minimum of 60 semester credit hours of lower-division undergraduate coursework from a regionally U.S. accredited institution prior to beginning the program. Provisional admission may be offered to students who plan to complete lower division coursework prior to matriculation.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate coursework.
- Completion of all required lower-division undergraduate courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A personal interview with program faculty.
- Completed application via Allied Health CAS
- Two reference letters completed by a former instructor (preferably a science instructor) or employers
Application and Fee
|Required Semester Hours||Subject||TCCNS Course|
|4||Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab OR Biology I with Lab|
|4||Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab OR Biology II with Lab|
|4||General Chemistry I with Lab|
|4||Organic Chemistry I with Lab OR Microbiology with Lab|
|4||Physics I with Lab OR Organic Chemistry II with Lab|
|3||English Composition I||ENGL 1301|
|3||English Composition II||ENGL 1302|
|3||College Algebra or higher||MATH 1314|
|3||U.S. History I||HIST 1301|
|3||U.S. History II||HIST 1302|
|3||Federal Government||GOVT 2305|
|3||Texas Government||GOVT 2306|
|3||Philosophy, Language, Humanities, or English Literature|
|3||Any Arts, Drama or Music|
|3||Social or Behavioral Science|
All prerequisite science courses must be for science majors.
Students are allowed to co-enroll in the program while working to complete Texas Core requirements but must have 70% of core complete including one English, Math, and Science course for acceptance. Students must have all Texas Core courses completed no later than their enrollment for the final semester in the B.S. in MS program.
Official transcripts from each college/university currently and previously attended reflecting completed and in-progress coursework.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 80 (Internet).
Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course.
Students who have completed an A.A.S. degree program in a health-related field may be allowed to co-enroll in courses offered by Alamo Colleges in order to finish any remaining Texas core requirements. Students with an A.S. degree (or equivalent course work) may be allowed to co-enroll in Alamo Colleges in order to complete any needed pre-professional pre-requisites.
Please refer to the University Catalog for the most current information.
COVID-19 Vaccinations MAY be Required by Clinical Affiliates