School of Health Professions

Been offered acceptance to a program? What's next?

Preparing for your program

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to a program within the School of Health Professions. Here are the next steps. Detailed instructions will be provided in your acceptance letter.


Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be received by the University Registrar. CAS applicants must also submit all transcripts to the University Registrar to complete the matriculation process. Transcripts may be submitted using the following information:

UT Health San Antonio
University Registrar
7703 Floyd Curl Drive – MC 7702
San Antonio, TX 78229


Criminal background check

Prior to matriculation

Acceptance is contingent upon completing and passing a background check. An offer of admission will not be final until the criminal background check is completed with results deemed satisfactory.  Students must pay costs for the criminal background check.  Directions for the background check process will be included in the offer of admission letter.  Students should be advised that persons with certain types of criminal convictions may not be eligible for state licensure and/or national registry or certification. In addition, many employers perform criminal background checks and may not hire individuals with certain types of criminal convictions.  Concerned students should check with the respective department for further clarification.

Student Drug Testing Policy 

UT Health San Antonio is committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees, students, and patients. Accordingly, the UT Health School of Health Professions (SHP) requires that all health professions students have a negative urine drug screen. All students will be required to provide a drug screening prior to matriculation and at other times, as deemed necessary by the School or its clinical sites. All screenings are completed at the student’s expense.


Admitted students must have their health providers confirm they have received appropriate immunizations before enrolling in classes at UT Health San Antonio. Students are required to maintain immunizations throughout the duration of the program. 

During the matriculation process, once you are assigned your UT livemail email address and student ID number, a Sentry MD account will be created on your behalf. At this point, you may begin uploading your health records to Sentry MD via the following Secure Student Uploader.

Documents are processed within 24–48 business hours. Please email Sentry MD at if you have additional questions.

We also offer the COVID-19 vaccine. As a student in an academic health science center, vaccination may be important to your clinical trajectory, so we strongly encourage vaccination. 

For more information, forms and frequently asked questions about student vaccines, visit 
UT Health San Antonio Student Immunizations at Wellness 360. 

View student immunization policies


Pay tuition deposit fee

The tuition deposit fee is non-refundable

Directions for this process will be included in the acceptance letter.

Research financial aid

Contact the Office of Financial Aid directly with any financial aid-related questions. 

Buy health insurance

The UT System Board of Regents requires that you maintain a valid major medical insurance policy while you are a registered student at the UT Health San Antonio. If you do not have your own policy, you will be automatically enrolled in a group plan selected by UT System. The premiums and rates vary by semester. Please contact Student Life for more information on insurance requirements. 

International students

You must contact the Office of International Services immediately after you have been accepted. You will have to complete the visa application paperwork.


We do not have student housing on campus, but our Student Life office can help in finding rental and roommate options near campus. Reach Student Life by phone at 210-567-2654, or by email at  

Americans with Disabilities Act-Request Accommodations

Learn more about guidelines and request Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations