Students experience thorough and challenging pre-hospital education and training. The program offers all levels of EMS certification courses and is an American Heart Association-designated training center.
Why UT Health San Antonio?
- UT Health's program is recognized as a center of excellence for our results on the national board examinations
- Preparing leaders for the profession with insights and skills in education, leadership, and research
- 100% online program designated for working professionals
- The only program in Texas
- Graduate from one of the best and most renown EHS programs in the country.
Bachelor of Science in Emergency Health Sciences
The objective of this program is to broaden the knowledge base and professional skills of emergency medical services (EMS) professionals who wish to pursue a degree that will help enable them to fulfill an advanced leadership role within the community.
Admissions at a Glance
- Complete Texas Common Core Curriculum (co-enroll option available)
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Documentation of EMT-Paramedic certification
Message from the Chair
When someone asks me why do I teach, I tell them that I love helping students understand, comprehend, and grow. We point the way so they can become excellent caregivers with a commitment to life-long learning.
Lance Villers, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair