Thank you for applying to Long School of Medicine!
Our Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications in July 2022. You will receive an email notification once your application is under review. The review process is ongoing, and applications are re-reviewed throughout the admissions cycle.
Approximately 1000 applicants are selected for interview each application cycle. Invitations to interview may occur when the application and MCAT are received.
- Notified by email (LongSOM@uthscsa.edu) 2-4 weeks in advance of interview date(s) (check your spam/junk folders)
- Select your interview date from 3 available dates
- Letters of Recommendation or Health Professions Committee Packets are not required for the screening/interview process
- We do not use a secondary application
- The CASPer is not used in screening decisions, and is required no later than the date of your interview; find out more: Discover CASPer; register for the test: Take CASPer
- The Duet is a pilot program we strongly encourage you to participate in. Applicants will not be penalized if they choose not to complete it. If you decide to participate, it is due no later than the date of your interview. To find out more information about Duet visit About Duet .
- All applicants who are invited to interview are required to complete the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI). This is due no later than the date of your interview, just like the CASPer. You can explore more about it, or do your SOWVI here: Take the SOWVI
The Big Day!
The Virtual Interview Day will consist of:
- 24 interview days hosted August 2022 through January 2023
- Held on Fridays
- Day begins at 8:45 am and ends by 1:30 pm
- Learn all about our curriculum, match success, & student support
- 2 – 30 minute interviews (Typically with a faculty & 4th year medical student)
- Interviews are executed in a traditional format
- Interviews are open file meaning the interviewer will have access to the entire application
- Interviews are conducted virtually
- Student interaction throughout the day
- Virtual campus tour