- Copy of the 2nd edition Point-of-care Ultrasound book
- Breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks
- Up to 24.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit and 24.25 points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
Course registration is non-transferable and may not be applied toward future UT Health San Antonio CME courses. Partial refunds of 75% of the course registration will be provided for cancellations 60 days prior to the course. Partial refunds of 50% of the course registration will be provided for cancellations 30 days prior to the course. Partial refunds of 25% of the course registration will be provided for cancellations 14 days prior to the course. No refunds will be provided for cancellations less than 14 days or for no-shows.
In case of a Covid-19 surge or other unforeseen natural disaster, the traditional, in-person course will be either 1) cancelled and course registration fees refunded 2) postponed until a later date, or 3) converted into a tele-ultrasound course.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality point of care ultrasound training in the safest way possible. We monitor the Covid-19 pandemic closely and will keep course registrants abreast of any changes to the course.
Location: AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
The 17th Point-of-care Ultrasound Workshop will be held at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center located at The University of Texas at Austin. The hotel serves worldwide business and academic communities, in addition to Austin visitors.
Discounted Room Rates for Workshop Participants (limited availability)
$199.00 per night for a Standard King
$199.00 per night for a Double Queen
1900 University Avenue
Austin, TX 78705
Event Name: POCUS CME Workshop
Toll Free: 877-744-8822
Local Phone: 512-404-3600
Parking & Transportation:
$21 for self-parking at the hotel
$21 for daytime valet parking / $38 for overnight valet parking at the hotel
**Parking rates are subject to change.
Luxury Amenities in a World-Class Setting
- Complimentary high-speed Internet (wired and wireless)
- In-room iPad for with hotel and Austin information, radio and alarm
- Fully digital Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephones
- Flat-panel HDTVs featuring DirecTV, including Showtime on-demand
- We are a tobacco-free facility
- Premium bedding; Pillow-top mattresses
- Luxurious bathrobes
- Individual climate control
- ADA-compliant rooms available
- Coffeemaker and tea service
- Complimentary crib (on request)
- Evening turndown service (on request)
- Complimentary in-room safe (safe-deposit boxes at the front desk)
- Complimentary rollaway (on request)
- Weekday newspaper delivery (on request)
- Separate granite bath vanity
- Lighted make-up mirror
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Spacious workspace
- Cell phone and laptop connectors
- Complimentary microwave (on request)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service (additional charge)
- Express check-out
- Self-parking ($21 per night with in/out privileges)
- Valet parking ($18 day; $35 per night with in/out privileges)
- Late check-out (half day charge)
- Green Room Program for sheet and towel exchange
- Motion sensors detect guest presence and regulates temperature accordingly
- Green cleaning, emphasizing biodegradable products and reusable containers
- Reusable glasses and mugs
- Eco-friendly shower and bath products
- Low-flow plumbing
- Our Fitness Center is open to guests 24 hours a day (room key required).
- You’ll find plenty to help you work up a sweat, including treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, Nautilus® strength training systems, free weights, exercise balls, and mats.
- Television, towels and water provided.
- Our saltwater, heated outdoor pool area features tables and comfortable lounges.
Attendees are responsible for all individual charges, room, tax and incidentals incurred at the Hotel. Payment of all charges is due and payable upon check-out. The UT Health San Antonio Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education will not be responsible for any charges incurred.
Continuing Medical Education Statement
UT Health Science Center San Antonio is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UT Health Science Center San Antonio designates this live internet activity up to a maximum of 24.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC Part II
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 24.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. The Long School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education will submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
If you would like to be added to our waiting list and contacted about future courses, please complete the Course Participant Interest Form.