Undergraduate Medication Education
My Role with Students and Residents at Long School of Medicine
I have various roles with both students and residents at Long SOM. These include:
- directing the global health program for undergraduate medical education and supporting the global health program for the Internal Medicine residency program;
- teaching about global health, public health practice, social determinants of health, and social science research methods to both medical students and residents;
- mentoring students and residents who as they prepare for global field experiences AND in country in Ethiopia, the Dominican Republic and other countries;
- mentoring students and residents as they support on going community-based health promotion programs in South Texas.
Three Fun Facts About Me
1. I lived in Africa for 6.5 years (Ghana, Kenya, Zambia, South Africa, Zimbabwe).
2. I have a dog from Zimbabwe (Breed: Chimanimani Mountain Dog or Zambezei Whippet).
3. I love hiking, camping and playing sports with my kids.
Residency Fellowship and/or Other Degrees
Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University-MPH; Gillings School of Global Public Health at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill-DrPH