The curriculum prepares students seeking a Master of Science degree for a fulfilling biomedical career in academic, industrial or clinical settings. Graduates of the program have won the annual Guarino award, the top institution-wide prize for M.S. graduates, in each of the last 6 years.
Anatomical Sciences Track
Our graduates enroll in medical or dental schools throughout Texas and out-of-state.
Mechanisms of Health and Diseases Track
Our graduates work at major biotech/big pharma companies and academic institutions around the US.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is proud to partner with the Texas Higher Education Board in helping students develop and build on skills employers value and seek out in job candidates.
Master of Science in Cell Systems & Anatomy Marketable Skills:
- Create models and theories related to anatomy, biotechnology, and other related scientific disciplines
- Develop methods and applications for scientific and other research
- Critical thinking including analysis and use of research data
- Interpretation of data
- Selection/analysis of scientific literature to support theories/applications
- Written and oral communication skills
- Research integrity/values/ethics applied to the design, implementation and analysis of research