Graduate Medical Education
The Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) provides oversight for over 50 ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship programs and nearly 30 non-ACGME fellowship programs, with more than 700 residents who work and learn in San Antonio and its surrounding areas. The GME Office works cooperatively with the GME Committee, program directors, program coordinators, faculty, trainees, and with our health system partners to maintain the quality of the educational experience and appropriate clinical learning environment of every resident and fellow. We look forward to sharing our experience with you!
- Improve healthcare by advancing the quality of resident physicians’ education.
- Foster growth of exemplary physicians, GME programs, and institutional practices, as means to:
- Achieve the triple aim of improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction), improving the health of our population, and reducing the per capita cost of health care.
- Share knowledge and skills
- Employ processes that are fair, transparent, and resource-conscious
- Maintain service-orientation and accountability