Why Choose DHR?
Top 10 Features of IM Program:
- Dedicated intern learning group where interns work with a faculty mentor to master basic interpretive skills and case based learning.
- Hospitalist attendings at DHR provide 24-hour a day, 7 days a week supervision to insure outstanding clinical teaching and procedural supervision.
- Dedicated night float team staffed by attendings at DHR.
- Highly successful leadership retreat at the end of internship.
- Teaching each week includes formal didactic sessions, attending rounds, morning report, intern learning groups, board review, morbidity and mortality conferences and jeopardy.
- Evidence-based medicine and medical informatics taught by leaders in the field and re-enforced during monthly journal club.
- 24-hour computer access at all clinical and hospital sites. Off-site access to all electronic medical records and full remote access to all electronic journals.
- New electives increase training opportunities to fulfill individual resident educational needs.
- Training occurs at multiple settings – increasing patient diversity but not over-burdening housestaff with multiple systems to learn.
- Basic science and clinical research opportunities in all fields of medicine.