- MSN from a nationally accredited school of nursing (ACEN, NLNAC, CCNE)
- RN licensure in Texas or compact state license
- 3.0 minimum GPA from last 60 hours of college coursework
- Graduate or advanced courses in Health Assessment, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology with a grade of B or better
- Three professional references
- $45 School of Nursing Application Fee (non-refundable)
- A completed NursingCAS application
- NursingCAS Application Fee
- Please be advised that the Post-Graduate Certificate applicants will be required to complete an embedded online interview as part of the application process within Nursing CAS (Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs).
Application and Fee
A completed NursingCAS application must be submitted before the application deadline. All fees are accessed through the NursingCAS application. The School of Nursing Application Fee is $45 and is non-refundable. The NursingCAS fee is separate and is set by NursingCAS.
Please submit official transcripts of all attended schools to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
A Post-Graduate Certificate program is available for students who hold a master’s degree in nursing and desire a nurse practitioner specialization. Students may select from four areas of specialization:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Total semester credit hours required for the Post-Graduate Certificate vary by track. Sample degree plans are available on the UT Health San Antonio catalog.