Accelerated BSN Applicants
Beginning with applicants to the May 2023 Accelerated BSN program, the Office of Admissions will no longer require the TEAS exam. All other minimum admission requirements must be met prior to the deadline to be considered for admission to the Accelerated BSN program.
Fall 2023 Traditional BSN Applicants
Applicants to all Traditional BSN programs must take the TEAS 7 exam. For more information on the TEAS 7 exam, please visit ATI.
- Applicants to the Accelerated BSN program are not required to take the TEAS exam beginning with applicants to the May 2023 cohort.
- In-Person or Remote Online method of ATI TEAS exam is accepted
- No limit to the number of times an applicant can take the ATI TEAS exam
- We will consider the highest score of the current version of the ATI TEAS exam
Applicants must request that ATI sends the official TEAS score report to U of TX Health San Antonio. The Office of Admissions must receive the ATI TEAS exam score by the admissions deadline.
Courses Taken Pass/Fail
Prerequisite courses taken as “pass/fail” or “credit/no credit” during the Spring 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020 terms can be accepted as long as the course is passed and credit is earned. Classes taken this way will not be included in the cumulative or prerequisite GPA. Failed courses will not be accepted, but will be included in GPA calculation.
Unofficial Transcript Evaluations - Currently Unavailable
The Office of Admissions is not preparing unofficial transcript evaluations for prospective students at this time. If you are unsure about specific course(s) fulfilling our prerequisites, check the Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) to see if classes you have taken are equivalent to our requirements. If your courses or school are not listed on TCCNS, you may submit an inquiry to us with the following information so that we may evaluate the course(s) and determine if they will count toward our prerequisites:
- Full name of school
- Prefix and course number
- Full course title
- Course description from the school catalog for the year the course was taken (copy and paste)
- Link to the catalog you used for the course description
The Office of Admissions is experiencing a high volume of messages. Response times may be longer than usual due to COVID-19 and current office staffing levels. Should you have questions that can be answered over the phone, please call us at (210) 567-0341.
Thank you in advance for your patience!