Frequently Asked Questions - F.A.Q.s
- What types of services does Facilities Management provide?
- Generally, Facilities Management (FM) provides two types of services: FM-funded and Department-funded.
- FM-funded services are those which the department receives budget allocations. These are services that are directly related to the operation, maintenance, upkeep of all buildings, grounds, walks, streets, parking lots, utility systems, and other University property. These services are rendered free of charge.
- Department-funded services are those services which FM does not receive a budget allocation and which must be funded by the requesting department. Examples of this type of service are renovations to structures or spaces assigned to the department, painting of office or lab spaces, movement of equipment and furnishings, and repair of State-owned vehicles.
- Who do I call for emergencies?
- Call the Work Control Center at 567-2885 during normal business hours, 8:00am - 5:00pm, M-F. For after-hours assistance, call the Utilities Control Room at 567-2945.
- The temperature in my office is unusually cold. What do I do?
- If an office, lab, or classroom is either too cold or too hot, you can either contact the Utilities Control Room at 567-2945 or submit a Report-A-Problem online. Read more >
- How do I submit requests for work online?
- Depending on the nature of the work desired, you can use either the Service Request (SR) form or the
Report-A-Problem. Learn more about our online services.
- Where can I find a map of the campus that shows the location of Facilities Management?
- Click here for the Campus Map. You can also use an interactive map guide that allows you to view the campus based on specific interests such as parking lots, University departments, and meeting areas.
- What is an Event Setup?
- An Event Setup is any special event that requires the furnishing and arrangement of tables and chairs based on the customer's instructions. Events such as conferences and ceremonies may require the coordination between several divisions within FM: Custodial Services transports the tables and chairs to the event location and makes the arrangements; Grounds personnel may be tasked to provide plants, and Electricians may have to supply electrical equipment and services in support of the event. Event Setup requests are handled by our Custodial Services division. As a recommendation, submit your Event Setup requests a few days or even weeks prior to the event to allow us to make the necessary preparations.
- I plan to have my office renovated. Where can I see the colors of paints and types of carpet that can be used?
- Click here to view the Paint Color and Flooring Standards.