Our research looks at health differences between different groups of people and the health of populations such as the underserved, including their health outcomes, health patterns and social determinants of health, as well as the impact policies and interventions may have on their health.
Promoting the health of caregivers and their loved ones is advanced through our research in the communities we serve.
Topics addressed in our research include:
- Social determinants of health
- Health screenings in specific care settings, such as pediatric primary care
- Patient-centered outcomes for palliative care for people with dementia and family caregivers
- Preventing hospital readmission in older adults
- Plant-based diet interventions
- Nursing education and experiential learning among nursing students
- Nursing education and evidence-based practice