- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) minimum overall score of 65
- 3.0 prerequisite GPA
- 51 of the 60 hours of required prerequisite courses completed (including all math and science courses)
- $45 School of Nursing Application Fee (non-refundable)
- A completed NursingCAS application
- NursingCAS Application Fee
- Candidates for undergraduate admissions will be invited to interview and submit a writing sample
For all admission requirements please visit the Application Instructions page.
Prerequisite Grade Point Average (GPA)
The prerequisite GPA is based on the full list of prerequisite courses we require.
- If you have retaken any prerequisites, we will use the better grade out of the first two attempts of each prerequisite.
- We do not include + or - grades in the calculation of the prerequisite GPA. For example, if an applicant earned an A+ in a course, we would use an A in the GPA calculation.*
*Note: when completing the NursingCAS application, an applicant must enter their grades exactly as they appear on the offiical transcript.
All applicants are required to take the current version 7 of the ATI TEAS exam.
- In-Person or Remote Online method of the ATI TEAS exam is accepted
- No limit to the number of times an applicant can take the ATI TEAS exam
- We will consider the highest score of the current version of the ATI TEAS exam
Applicants must request that ATI sends the official TEAS score report to U of TX Health San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio). The Office of Admissions must receive the ATI TEAS exam score by the admissions deadline.
For more information on the TEAS 7 exam, please visit ATI.
Application and Fee
A completed NursingCAS application must be submitted before the application deadline. All fees are accesed through the NursingCAS application. The School of Nursing Application Fee is $45 and is non-refundable. The NursingCAS fee is separate and is set by NursingCAS.
The admissions application, NursingCAS fee, and official transcripts are due to NursingCAS by the application deadline. Please submit official transcripts of all attended schools to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Credit by Examination Score Report
If an applicant has earned academic credit through any of the following, UT Health San Antonio must receive the official score report no later than 5 p.m. Central Standard Time on the day of the deadline.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) subejct exams
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams
- International Baccalaureate (IB) exams
- DANTES exams
UT Health San Antonio's CollegeBoard school code is 6908.
Letter of Good Standing
Applicants who previously enrolled in a nursing school or program must provide a letter of good standing from their previous school indicating that the applicant is in good standing and eligible to return to that nursing school or program. The Office of Admissions at the School of Nursing must receive the letter by the admissions deadline, and it should be uploaded to the Documents tab in the Program Materials section of the NursingCAS application
Foreign Coursework & Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Applicants who have attended a foreign college are required to submit an official course-by-course foreign evaluation from an approved Foreign Credentialing Service. This evaluation must be mailed directly from the credentialing agency to:
School of Nursing, Office of Admissions
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, Mail Code 7945
San Antonio, Texas 78229
If an applicant has only attended colleges outside of the United States, they will be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to be considered for admission to the School of Nursing.
Scores must be less than two years old and received by the Office of Admissions by the application deadline. Please send official score reports to:
UT Health Science Center San Antonio
TOEFL School Code: 3383