WFA: A Resource for Women Faculty NewsLink
The goal of this organization is to support and encourage the professional development of female faculty by fostering interaction among them and cooperation with women’s organizations at the UTHSCSA, other academic institutions, and in the community.
- sponsor educational and social activities for members;
- provide mentoring for female faculty members;
- create opportunities for communication between female faculty members and the UTHSCSA administration on issues of current concern, including the recruitment, retention and advancement of female faculty;
- develop policy statements that reflect the interests and priorities of its member on issues relevant to the Women’s Faculty Association’s purpose;
- conduct programs of general interest to the university; and
- promote liaison with the community on significant issues.