Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Awards
The Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Award is a distinction which befits the best of our academic colleagues at The University of Texas Health Science Center. Nominations will be accepted from deans, department chairs, and division heads, and be limited to one per department/division. The Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Award Committee will also reserve the prerogative to nominate scholars. In addition to the honor of being designated a Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar, recipients of the Award are given a cash award of $5,000.
The following criteria are used in nominations and evaluations of nominees:
- Major contributions to theory, research and/or practice.
- Significant contributions to the scientific literature.
- National and/or international reputation.
- Sustained record of extramural support.
- Highest standards of professionalism.
- Significant contributions to research at UT Health Science Center San Antonio
Data to be included with the nominations:
- Nominee's current CV in standard UT Health Science Center San Antonio format.
- Letter of support from the nominator.
Nomination packets must be submitted by 5:00 CST, Wednesday, November 18, 2015. Submit one original nomination packet with original signatures to the Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs office, Rm 434, AAB. In addition, an electronic pdf must be submitted to Sandra Rodriguez at Rodriguezsj@uthscsa.edu. The AFSA office will then submit the names of the nominees to the Committee for review.
Alan L. Peterson, PhD, ABPP, Professor, Chief, Division of Behavioral Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine
For more information, please visit the following pages: