Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Awards
The Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Award is a distinction which befits the best of our academic colleagues at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Center at San Antonio. Nominations will be accepted from Division Chiefs, Department Chairs, or Deans, and are limited to one nomination per department/division. In addition to the honor of being designated a Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar, recipients of the Award are given a cash award of $5,000.
The following criteria are used in nominations and evaluations of nominees:
- Major contributions to theory, research and/or practice
- Significant contributions to the scientific literature
- National and/or international reputation
- Sustained record of extramural support
- Highest standards of professionalism
- Significant contributions to research at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Data to be included with the nominations:
- Nominee's current CV in standard UT Health Science Center format.
- Letter of support from the nominator. If the nominator is not the Department Chair or Dean, a second letter of support from either the Department Chair or Dean must also be submitted as part of the nomination packet.
The nomination packet, with original signatures, must be submitted by 5:00 pm CST, Wednesday, November 16, 2016, to the Office of Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs, 4th floor of the Academic and Administration Building. As well, an electronic PDF of the complete nomination packet must be submitted to Sandra Rodriguez at Rodriguezsj@uthscsa.edu by Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 5:00 pm CST.
Alan L. Peterson, PhD, ABPP, Professor, Chief, Division of Behavioral Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine
For more information, please visit the following pages: