Presidential Teaching Excellence Awards
The Presidential Teaching Excellence Awards -- recognize the best of our academic colleagues at The University of Texas Health Science Center. Any full-time or part-time (at least 80%) member of the faculty at the rank of instructor or higher, who has taught at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio for a minimum of the last three years and who has not been a recipient of this award within the last eight years, is eligible.
A candidate for the award may be nominated by any one of the following:
- The dean or chair of an academic department.
- At least two members of the faculty.
- Three students, three residents, and/or three fellows.
Nominees who demonstrate excellence in (1) exhibiting personal qualities that promote student learning; (2) preparing outstanding teaching materials; and (3) overall dedication to teaching. The Initial Nomination Form should be used in submitting nominations to the Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs office. Initial nomination forms are due by 5 pm CST, Monday, November 2, 2015.
Nominee Packet Requirements:
Once nominated, each nominee who wishes to remain in the process should complete the following and submit to Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs office by 5 pm CST, Wednesday, November 18, 2015. The completed packet should be submitted via an electronic pdf to Sandra Rodriguez at Rodriguezsj@uthscsa.edu.
- Presidential Teaching Excellence Summary of Accomplishments. The attached form was developed to highlight your teaching activities at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. Please use additional pages if necessary for any of the areas. If an area does not pertain to your teaching activity please indicate by placing Not Applicable for that area. Link to Summary of Accomplishments form below.
- Nominee's current CV in standard UT Health Science Center San Antonio format.
- Send any summaries of students’ ratings of your courses or teaching. Some nominees do not have these ratings, but they are helpful if they are available. Please provide numerical summaries and typed summaries of students’ comments for the past five years only. Please do not send individual students’ evaluation forms.
- Send three to five reference letters from students, residents, fellows, colleagues and administrators who can best articulate your teaching accomplishments in relation to the criteria listed in the summary of accomplishments. Breadth of teaching contributions in the selection process, so try to choose students from various levels and teaching environments.
For information about the awards and form deadlines, call the Academic, Faculty, & Student Affairs (AFSA) office at 210-567-2004
For more information, please visit the following pages: