Presidential Clinical Excellence Award
The award recognizes superlative clinical service provided by our academic colleagues at The University of Texas Health Science Center.
All full-time or part-time (at least 80%) faculty members whose professional responsibilities include clinical service are eligible for nomination. Recipients in the past three years are not eligible.
Any faculty or staff member in a Health Science Center affiliated treatment setting may initiate and coordinate the development of the nomination packet. The nomination packet must include all of the following:
- Nomination letter of no more than two pages
- Nominee's current CV in standard UT Health Science Center San Antonio format
- Detailed elaboration of CV, Patient Service; Section IV. The nominee's clinical Activities must be described in sufficient detail to help the committee understand the nature and extent of the nominee's clinical practice. (1 page)
- Nominee's personal statement. The nominee responds to a specific question.
- Five letters of support. Letters of support may be provided by patients, their family members, peer colleagues, and ancillary treatment staff.
All nominees are evaluated on their demonstrated knowledge, practice of professional skills and professional attitude.
MS Word Documents to assist in developing the nomination packet are available:
For more information, please visit the following pages: