Presidential Clinical Excellence Award
The Presidential Clinical Excellence Award recognizes superlative clinical service provided by our academic colleagues at The University of Texas Health Science Center.
To be eligible for the award, a faculty member must hold at least a .8 full-time equivalent (FTE) appointment with professional responsibilities that include clinical service. Faculty who have received this award in the past three years are not eligible to be nominated for FY 2017.
Nominations may be initiated by any faculty or staff member in a Health Science Center-affiliated treatment setting. Division Chiefs, Department Chairs, or Deans may also nominate candidates.
- Nomination letter of no more than two pages.
- Nominee's current CV in standard UT Health Science Center format.
- A detailed elaboration of the nominee's clinical activities, as represented in the CV, Patient Service; Section IV. This one-page description must articulate in specific detail the nature and extent of the nominee's clinical practice.
- Nominee's personal statement regarding his/her philosophy of providing clinical care and the experiences that have shaped his/her professional development and the practice of his/her clinical skills.
- Five letters of support. Letters of support may be provided by patients, their family members, peer faculty, ancillary staff, division chief, department chair, or dean.
Please note: The nomination packet must include a letter of support from a Department Chair or Dean, if the Chair or Dean is not the nominator.
All nominees are evaluated on their demonstrated knowledge, practice of professional skills and professional attitude. One nomination packet, with original signatures, must be submitted by 5:00 pm CST, Wednesday, November 16, 2016, to the Office of Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs, 4th floor of the Academic and Administration Building. As well, an electronic PDF of the complete nomination packet must be submitted to Sandra Rodriguez at Rodriguezsj@uthscsa.edu by Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 5:00 pm
MS Word Documents to assist in developing the nomination packet are available:
For more information, please visit the following pages: