Physician Assistant Studies
Date posted: April 18, 2014
The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, School of Health Professions (SHP), and Department of Physician Assistant Studies (PAS) are searching for two full-time faculty members. The SHP and the Department offer innovative faculty development opportunities that assist faculty members in their own growth and development. The Department offers a dynamic educational program in San Antonio, Texas. Commitments to address access to both health and educational disparities among the Hispanic population and South Texas are strong and form the core of the program’s mission. Academic rank/appointment/tenure or non-tenure track status/salary are dependent on the educational experience and degree of the successful candidate. Position expectations include teaching, service, and scholarly activity. Clinical practice opportunities are available through a faculty practice plan.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college;
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program;
- Current NCCPA certification;
- Texas license-eligible (must obtain license within 6 months of hire);
- Evidence of effective communication skills;
- Evidence of teaching skills; Physician Assistant education experience is desired, but not required
- Clinical practice experience;
- Knowledge of South Texas health care environment/issues and Spanish language ability are desired, but not required.
All attempts are being made to fill the position no later than July 1, 2014.
Applications are being accepted and review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Send a letter of interest, current CV, and the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three references to:
Barbara Quillin, MPAS, PA-C
Interim Chair – Physician Assistant Search Committee
Department of Physician Assistant Studies
School of Health Professions
UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Dr. MC6249
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Application materials can be submitted electronically to Quillin@uthscsa.edu
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities