Faculty Position (Filled per 6/8/09)
This full time, 12 month, tenure track position is available as early as June 1, 2008, or until position is filled.
The UT Health Science Center offers dental hygiene programs at the entry-level Certificate, Post-Certificate BS, and graduate M.S. degree levels.
- Master’s degree in dental hygiene or compatible area
- Patient care experience in private practice or other clinical settings
- Teaching experience in an institution of higher education
- US or Canadian dental or dental hygiene licensure in good standing
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic mail
- Doctorate degree
- Teaching experience in an ADA, CODA accredited program
- Advanced training in one or more areas that complement dental hygiene education
- Evidence of scholarly activities
- Research interest and experience
- Grant writing skills
- Didactic, laboratory, and clinical teaching
- Research and scholarly activities
- Grant writing
- Student counseling
- Development and implementation of educational methodologies and materials
- Service on professional, community, and/or educational committees
- Curriculum and course development
- Working as a team member with other departmental and institutional colleagues
Send curriculum vitae, letter of application, and name, address, and phone number of three references to:
Taline Dadian Infante, M.S., RDH, Associate Chair & Program Director
Department of Dental Hygiene
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
210/567-8820; Fax: 210/567-8843
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.
The University of Texas Health Science
Center at San Antonio
is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.