Open House Workshops
The School of Health Professions offers free Open House Workshops to prospective applicants, providing them an opportunity to review our admission requirements and application procedures, meet the faculty and current students, and tour the facilities. Space is limited so be sure to register early!
Toll Free: (866) 802-6288
Telephone: (210) 567-6220
Facebook: UT Health Science Center School of Health Professions
Before contacting us, please be sure to review the following, located in the “Application & Admission Requirements” section of each program website.
✔ Our SHP website for program information and admission requirements
✔ The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for the program, when available
✔ The prerequisite equivalency chart for the program, when available
Appointments are available on a very limited basis so please call our office in advance to discuss your needs so we can better assist you. Due to a limited staff, we cannot guarantee that an admissions officer will be able to assist walk-ins in a timely manner.
To have an admissions officer help determine if a course you will take or have taken can count towards a prerequisite, please email us at SHPwelcome@uthscsa.edu and include the following:
For U.S. Coursework
- Your full name
- The program you are interested in
- The prerequisite course you are concerned about
- The name of the college/university where you will take or have taken the course
- The course name, number, number of quarter/semester credit hours***, and a description or syllabus
- EXAMPLE: John Smith, Master of Science in Respiratory Care, Prerequisite: Physics I Lecture & Lab, Taken at: Texas Christian University, Course: PHYS 10153, General Physics I, 3 semester credit hours, “Part of a two-semester survey of general physics recommended for students in the life sciences and premedical program. Topics covered in the sequence include mechanics of solids and fluids, thermodynamics, sound and wave motion, optics, electricity and magnetism, atomic and nuclear physics. Emphasis given to the application of these concepts to problems in the life and health sciences.”
- ***Not sure if your course is quarter or semester credit hours? Please check your college/university catalog or contact your college/university registrar’s office.
For International Coursework
If you have attended a foreign institution, first you must have all of your foreign transcripts evaluated course-by-course for U.S. equivalency by one of the recommended Foreign Credentialing Services agencies. After you have received an evaluation, then you may submit the “Request for Unofficial Foreign Transcript Evaluation” form to SHPwelcome@uthscsa.edu along with a PDF copy of your evaluation.
Please allow 6 weeks minimally for this evaluation to be completed. Once we have completed your Unofficial Foreign Transcript Evaluation, the results will be emailed back to you.