About our department
The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio is a dynamic and growing academic department. We provide clinical expertise in all sub-specialty areas of Otolaryngology-HNS including head and neck oncology/surgery, laryngology/voice disorders, otology, pediatric otolaryngology, rhinology, and facial plastic surgery. Our outpatient faculty clinical practice is based at the Medical Arts Building and part of the UT Medicine practice. University Hospital, our main inpatient hospital, is one of the nation's leading teaching hospitals and South Texas premier Level I trauma center. University hospital has been ranked Best Hospital in the region by U.S. News & World Report for six years in a row. The new million-square-foot Sky Tower was opened in 2012 and has brought the most technically advanced care available to South Texas.
Dr. Frank R. Miller is serving as the Acting Chairman for the Department of Otolaryngology-HNS. Dr. Miller is a tenured professor and Director of Head and Neck Surgery who has served as the Deputy Chair of Otolaryngology-HNS since 2007:
Our mission to provide excellence in clinical care and train the next generation of Otolaryngologists remains unchanged. This is accomplished by our commitment to:
- Providing high quality medical education and training to medical students and physicians at all career levels with special emphasis on
- Training Otolaryngology-HNS residents to be competent, compassionate, responsible, and ethical leaders in our profession, and
- Preparing medical students and physicians for managing otolaryngology problems in the primary care setting.
- Conducting biomedical and other health related research in the areas of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and communication disorders.
- Delivering exemplary quality Otolaryngology services across our health care system
- Providing a responsive resource in health related affairs for the nation and the state, with particular emphasis on South Texa
Frank R. Miller, MD, FACS, Professor and Acting Chairman
Director Head and Neck Surgery