Database for Residents
UTHSCSA Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Database
Important note: Before you attempt to login to the Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Database, you must be authorized to have access to the server (FS2). If you know you are not authorized or after attempting the procedure below you are denied access, please check with Teri Hill (HillT@uthscsa.edu) or Anne Little (Little@uthscsa.edu) to confirm that you are authorized or to set up an account for you.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING IN FROM A UTHSCSA COMPUTER
- Go to My Network Places or My Computer
- Then type \\FS2 into the navigator bar (box labelled “address” at the top)
- Then select the following folders in sequence:
- Ortho Website Lecture Project
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING IN VIA A DESKTOP ICON FROM A UTHSCSA COMPUTER
- Go to the Start button and select the “Run” command
- Type in the following: \\fs2\Ortho\General\Projects\Residents in the box
- Click “OK”
- Click on the directory “Ortho Website Lecture Project“ to highlight it.
- Then click on “File” in the top left corner of the window. Select “Create shortcut”
- Create a small window by clicking the middle box in the top right corner. This will expose the underlying desktop.
- Grab the shortcut in the window (highlight the directory and hold down the left mouse button) and drag the shortcut to the desktop.
- From this point on, you should be able to click on the short cut and access the Resident Database.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING IN FROM A HOME COMPUTER
To access the database from your home computer, you must first have the VPN software installed on your machine. Follow the steps below, to install the VPN software. Please note that you must use Internet Explorer as your web browser; Netscape causes a conflict and VPN software will not download, install, or run. You must uninstall Netscape to overcome this issue with the VPN software.
- Go to http://ims.uthscsa.edu/communications/vpn.aspx
- Download the VPN software.
- A shortcut will then be created for your desktop and will be called: uthscsavpndialer.
To login from your home computer:
- First, turn on the UTHSCSA VPN dialer by double clicking on the desktop icon. You will be asked for your username and password. These are the same as for your access to the Network domain (this is the username and password you use to access your UTHSCSA e-mail account for Outlook).
- Once the VPN software is turned on, you will see a yellow “lock” icon in the system tray (lower left part of the desktop). This “lock” should show a closed loop, indicating the connection is secure.
- After confirming that VPN is on, you can access the UTHSCSA home page and navigate just as if you were on a computer on the HSC campus (this includes library searches, placing orders on the intranet, as well as FS2 access). To access FS2, follow the steps listed above for use on a UTHSCSA computer.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING IN FROM A LAPTOP COMPUTER
To login from a laptop computer, contact Triage (567-2069) for information on communicating with the University network via a wireless connection.