Patient Care and Health Care Partners
Faculty at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio treat patients through UT Medicine San Antonio, South Texas’ largest multispecialty practice; the University Health System; the Cancer Therapy & Research Center (CTRC) at the UT Health Science Center; the South Texas Veterans Health Care System; CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care; and other facilities. UT Medicine San Antonio supports 1.2 million patient visits each year.
In 2009, the Health Science Center opened the 250,000-square-foot Medical Arts & Research Center for state-of-the-art patient care under UT Medicine San Antonio. In FY 2014, the Health Science Center delivered $ 5.9 million in uncompensated care to the uninsured or underinsured. The institution’s outreach extends well beyond its eight campuses. The UT Health Science Center San Antonio also has affiliations and partnerships with health education and patient-care programs throughout South Texas, including the Rio Grande Valley.
Teaching Hospitals and Clinics
- University Hospital and University Health System facilities
- Dental School outpatient clinic
- Audie Murphy Division, South Texas Veterans Health Care System
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care
- San Antonio State Hospital
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Fort Sam Houston)
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (USAF)
(Updated Oct. 28, 2014)