The Mission of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is to serve the needs of the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Medical School and the citizens of Texas. To this end the department endeavors:
- To encourage faculty, employees, residents, medical students to strive for excellence.
- To enable medical students to become knowledgeable about the physiology and pathophysiology reproduction and meeting the health care needs of women.
- To conduct postgraduate medical education leading to board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology and subspecialties of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- To develop members of the next generation of leaders of academic obstetrics and gynecology.
- To conduct research leading to advances in the health care of women.
- To deliver excellent medical care to the women of San Antonio and South Texas.
- To participate in the continuing medical education of family physicians and obstetrician gynecologists.
- To participate in the postgraduate and continuing medical education of physicians from other countries, especially those in Latin America.