(Volume, Isssue and Date will not display on the archive section)
Table of Contents
For comment, questions or concerns about this site contact Cheryl Lehman at email@example.com
Links provided from Health Science Center School of Nursing pages to other websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.
· Congratulations to authors Drs. Sara Gill, Liz Reifsnider, et. al, on their new publication, Assessing Infant Breastfeeding Beliefs Among Low-Income Mexican Americans. The Journal of Perinatal Education, 2004, 13 (3), 39-50.
From her years as a member of the SON faculty, we will also fondly remember the first author, Mary Lou Sole, PhD, RN, CCNS, FAAN, Professor,
· Reifsnider, E.; Mobley, C.; Beckman Mendez, D. (2004). Childhood Obesity and Early Childhood Caries in a WIC Population. The Journal of Multicultural Nursing & Health, 10 (2), 24-31. Diana Beckman Mendez is one of our 2nd year doctoral students.
· Dunn, K., Torres, A., Tiscani, J. (2004). Functional Status Outcomes in a Quality of Life Study with Latinas. The Journal of Multicultural Nursing & Health, 10 (2), 39-47. Angelica Torres & Joseph Tiscani are Student Research Scholars from SON.
and Exercise: A review of the Literature. The Journal of
Multicultural Nursing & Health, 10 (2), 62-67.
· Braden, C.J. & Medrano, M. (2004). The
· Susan Grinslade, Laurie Singel, and Pam Keys have authored a new book entitled, Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Clinical Management and Outcomes, 7th Ed., published by Elsevier Saunders, 2005.
· Steve Jansky, FLEX LPN student, recently published an article, The Nurse-Physician Relationship: Is Collaboration the Answer? The Journal of Practical Nursing, Spring 2004, 54(2) 28-30. This article began as a writing assignment in an elective on Scholarly Writing for Nurses taught by Dr. Lynne Connelly.
· Congratulations to Joan Hyett, clinical adjunct faculty, on the publication of her most recent article entitled, Caring for Patients after CABG Surgery, which has been published in the July issue of Nursing 2004.
· Reineck, C. and Garner, A., Financial Education for Future Nurse Leaders. American Organization of Nurse Executives’ Nurse Leader. Elsevier Publishers. Scheduled for publication August-September 2004. This article features the core course, NURS 5226: The Nurse’s Role in Financial Planning in Health Care Organizations.
· Dr. Barbara Holtzclaw has a new publication on body temperature. Holtzclaw, B.J. (2004). Monitoring Body Temperature in Critical and Acute-Care Settings. Safe Practices in Patient Care, 1(2), 1-7. Available: http://safe-practices.org/1V2/Issue2.html.
· Dr. Lynne Connelly and co-author Judy Powers, have had a manuscript accepted for publication by the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ). Connelly, L. M. & Powers, J.L., On-line Patient Safety Climate Survey: Tool Development and Lessons Learned. Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation, a forthcoming AHRQ publication, (in press).
· Adelita Gonzales Cantu, doctoral candidate, had the following article accepted for publication. Gonzales, A (2004) Mifamilia viene primero (My family comes first): Physical Activity Issues in Older Mexican American Women. Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research. Issue 4, vol. 5.
· Congratulations to Dr. Colleen Keller on her recent publication. Newstead A, Kristen S, Bruder J, Keller C. (2004). The Effect of Jumping Exercise Intervention on Bone Mineral Density in Post Menopausal Women. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy 27(2):47.