Employees honored at Presidential Awards
Faculty and staff members who exemplify exceptional leadership in their fields were recognized at the 2012 Presidential Awards ceremony. The Health Science Centerís highest honor, the Presidential Distinguished Scholar award, was presented to Joel B. Baseman, Ph.D., chair of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology in the School of Medicine. The award winners are:
The Presidential Distinguished Scholar award was presented to Joel B. Baseman, Ph.D.
Teaching Excellence Award
- Constance L. Fry, M.D., Ophthalmology
- Margit B. Gerardi, Ph.D., RN, Family & Community Health Systems and
- Linda M. McManus, Ph.D., Pathology and Periodontics
- Kathleen A. Reeves, M.S.N., RN, Health Restoration & Care Systems Management
- Nhung Tran, M.D., Pediatrics
- Blane Trautwein, Ed.D., Deaf Education and Hearing Science Program and
Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Employee Excellence Award
- Teresita D. Carrillo, Ophthalmology
- JoAnn Lieberman, Pediatrics
- Lupita Martinez, LMSW, Cancer Therapy & Research Center
- John R. Ramos, Lab Animal Resources
- Janice L. Smith, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
UT Health Science Center
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas
© 2002 - 2013 UTHSCSA
Office of Communications
All rights reserved.
Links provided from UTHSCSA pages to other websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.