Employees honored at Presidential Awards
Faculty and staff members who exemplify exceptional leadership in their fields were recognized at the 2010 Presidential Awards ceremony. The Health Science Center's highest honor, the Presidential Distinguished Scholar award, was presented to Arlan Richardson, Ph.D., professor of Cellular and Structural Biology, and director of the Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies. The other award winners are:
Presidential Distinguished Scholar Arlan Richardson, Ph.D.
President's Choice Award
Teaching Excellence Award
- James F. Hanley III, M.D. , Medicine
Clinical Excellence Award
- Kaparaboyna Ashok Kumar, M.D., FRCS, FAAFP
- Family and Community Medicine
- Judy Maltas, M.S.N., RN, CCRN, Acute Nursing Care
- Darlene Metter, M.D., FACR, Radiology
- J.D. Overton, D.D.S., Restorative Dentistry
- Ruben D. Restrepo, M.D., RRT, Respiratory Care
- Helen Sorenson, M.A., RRT, Respiratory Care
Employee Excellence Award
- Daniel A. Johnson, M.D., Ophthalmology
- C. Blake Simpson, M.D., Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- Donna Beth Willey-Courand, M.D., Pediatrics/Pulmonary Medicine
- Donna M. Doulton, RN, B.Sc.N., Pediatrics
- Monica McCall, Pediatrics
- Debbie A. Schifanella, Ophthalmology
- Carol A. Swartz, M.S.N., RN, Development
- Robin Tragus, M.S.N., RN, Pediatrics
Appointments and awards
UT Health Science Center
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas
© 2002 - 2015 UTHSCSA
Office of Communications
All rights reserved.
Links provided from UTHSCSA pages to other websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.