Long Campus Electrical Power Outage
Scheduled Friday, Dec. 19, 8pm to Sunday, Dec. 21, 11:30pm
The Long Campus power outage, required by CPS Energy for equipment maintenance and to connect our new Academic Learning and Teaching Center, is scheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m. December 19th and end December 21st at 11:30 p.m. We will have the 22nd as a fall-back day, should we need it. This electrical outage only involves the Long Campus and will not affect the MARC, CTRC, Greehey, Texas Research Park, Harlingen, Edinburg, or Laredo Campuses. Learn more.
If you must come to campus during the outage:
- Bring your HSC ID and a flashlight.
- Use only the main entry gate (on Floyd Curl Dr), and sign in with the officer at that gate.
- Park only in Lot 2 (in front of Briscoe Library).
- For your safety, please allow a UT Police officer to escort from your car to your campus destination, and back to your car.
- Use only the entry doors and elevators indicated on this map.
See below for updates.
Sunday, Dec. 22, 12am
Power has been restored on long campus.
Sunday, Dec. 21, 10pm
The projected restoration of the Long Campus Electrical Power that was scheduled for 11:30 pm has been revised to 2:30 am the 22nd of December.
Friday, Dec. 19, 9am
The following systems are expected to remain available throughout the outage:
- Network file shares, enterprise databases and enterprise web applications
- The Virtual Private Network used to access network shares from off-campus
- Telephone, wired and wireless networks at locations outside the Long Campus
The following systems are expected to be unavailable during the outage:
- Wired and wireless networks and many telephones on the Long Campus
- Remote desktop access to computers located on the Long Campus
- Doors with card readers on the Long Campus (enter only through door 1-1 as indicated on this map)
Thursday, Dec. 18, 12pm
Prior to the outage:
- Review the Power Outage Preparation Checklist.
- Make sure all critical equipment is plugged into an emergency power outlet, designated by a red plate.
- Unplug all other equipment completely from the wall.
- If equipment cannot be unplugged, switch it off. Turn off all lights.
- Display updated contact names & numbers on any sensitive equipment.
- Back up computer files.
- Sign up for HSCAlert to receive updates.