Set Up Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser
Bypass Log-On Dialog
You can fill out our forms faster by using your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser and making some easy changes to its settings. These changes will allow you to bypass the log-on dialog that appears once you click on the links that launches the forms. Follow the instructions below.
1. With Internet Explorer open, on the top toolbar click on Tools >> Internet Options
2. With the 'Internet Options' dialog open -
- Click on the 'Security' tab, then
- Click on the 'Local Intranet' icon, then
- Click on the 'Sites' button.
3. In the 'Local intranet' dialog, click on the 'Advanced' button
4. For this dialog -
- In the 'Add this website to the zone:' field, enter: http://facilitiesoperations.uthscsa.edu
- Click on the 'Add' button then
- Click on the 'Close' button
5. You will be taken back to the 'Local Intranet' dialog. Click the 'OK' button.
6. You will be taken back to the 'Internet Options' dialog. This time, click the 'Custom Level ' button. You will be taken to the 'Security Settings' screen.
7. In the 'Security Settings' screen, scroll down the list of settings until you reach the 'Miscellaneous' category of settings. The first setting, "Access data sources across domains", should be set to 'Enable'. Then click the 'OK' button below.
8. A small dialog will appear asking you to confirm the change. Click on 'YES'
9. You will be taken back to the 'Internet Options' dialog. Click 'OK' to close it and return to Internet Explorer.
Congratulations! You have just set up your Internet Explorer for use with our service request forms. Click here to return to our 'Request Work' page.