Seminars, Conferences & Meetings
The Department of Ophthalmology holds a videoteleconference (7:00 AM - 7:50 AM) each Monday through Thursday in the Gordon Library & Conference Room at theMcDermott Clinical Science Building, on the Greehey Campus of UTHSCSA, at 8403 Floyd Curl Drive. Teleconferencing includes the ophthalmology residency programs at Brooke Army Medical Center and Wilford Hall Medical Center.
Ophthalmology Grand Rounds are not open to the public. Attendance is limited to:
- Faculty and Students of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA)
- The San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium (SAUSHEC)
- Adjunct faculty of the UTHSCSA Department of Ophthalmology
- Special invited guests of the UTHSCSA Department of Ophthalmology
On Fridays, Grand Rounds are open to eligible participants at the UTHSCSA School of Medicine building in Room 209L at 8:00 AM. Lectures follow at 9:00 AM.
The UT Health Science Center San Antonio School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
For more information, call Lauren Belasco at (210) 567-8406.
37th Annual Alamo City Ophthalmology Clinical Conference
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Meeting Registration: Click here.
UTHSCSA Campus Calendar: link
For more information, please conact Lauren Belasco at (210) 567-8406.
American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
Future dates of the annual AAO meetings are shown below.
- Nov. 11-14, 2017 - New Orleans, LA
- Oct. 27-30, 2018 - Chicago, IL (with Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology-PAAO)
- Oct. 12-15, 2019 - San Francisco, CA
- Nov. 14-17, 2020 - Las Vegas, NV
- Nov. 13-16, 2021 - New Orleans, LA
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) -
Future dates of the annual ARVO meetings are listed below.
- May 7 - 11, 2017 (Baltimore, MD)
- April 29 - May 3, 2018 (Honolulu, HI)
- April 28 - May 2, 2019 (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- May 3 - 7, 2020 (Baltimore, MD)
- May 2 - 6, 2021 (San Francisco, CA)