The Laureate Society was established to honor and celebrate those who have chosen to make gifts to the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio through a variety of estate planning vehicles such as bequests, life income gifts and insurance policies.
Members of the Laureate Society share a strong common bond of generosity and visionary leadership, nourishing the university’s continued success. We welcome the opportunity to recognize and honor those who are helping to make the future possible.
As a member, you will receive:
- An invitation to the Laureate Society annual membership event along with invitations to other special University events.
- A specially designed Laureate Society lapel pin.
- Recognition in Laureate Society membership rosters occasionally printed in various University publications. (We only print your name with your permission.)
- A subscription to the Mission magazine as well as Blueprint In Giving, our newsletter for gift planning.
How to become a member?
You automatically receive membership in the Laureate Society when you indicate in writing that you have made an estate gift to the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Some of the gifts that would qualify you for membership include:
- Making a bequest in a will or trust.
- Naming the University as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Creating a life income gift that ultimately benefits the University.
- Naming the University as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan.
- Other gifts may qualify as well.
Donors who choose to designate their gift to support the Cancer Therapy and Research Center at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio will have a special designation of Legacy Society members.
We can provide sample bequest language for inclusion in your will or trust, or otherwise assist you with a plan that meets your philanthropic and financial goals.
If you have questions or wish to join the Laureate Society, simply complete an enrollment form or you may contact Kent Hamilton in the Gift Planning office at 210-567-5001 or e-mail email@example.com.