Department of Cellular and Structural Biology
Master of Science Program:
Anatomical Sciences Track
- Interdisciplinary human gross anatomy course with full cadaveric dissection.
- 40% graduates moved on to medical or dental school in past 5 years.
- Unique opportunities to teach and tutor medical, dental and other health professions students.
- Highly acclaimed teaching faculty with many awards including the prestigious Piper Professorships, UT System Regents Outstanding Teaching Awards and UTHSCSA Presidential Teaching Excellence Awards
- Cutting-edge biotechnology available including Next-Gen sequencing, optical imaging in live cells and animals.
- 80 % graduates in last 5 years now working at major biotech/big pharma companies and academic institutions.
- Graduates of the program have won the annual Guarino award, the top institution-wide prize for M.S. graduates, in each of the last 4 years.
- 40 Faculty members with state-of-the-art laboratories conducting exciting basic science and translational research in Aging, Cancer Biology, Cell & Organelle Biology, DNA Repair & Mutagenesis, Neurobiology and Stem Cells.
- Bachelor's degree with a Natural Science major (to include general biology, general chemistry, general physics and calculus).
- Undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A minimum score of 308 (1200 on the old scale) in the GRE (verbal + quantitative) is preferred.
Apply Online:Apply online at: CSB Master of Science "Apply Online"
Guidelines:Guidelines | Combined Attachments | Combined - Guidelines & Attachments
Master Program Flyer:CSB Master Program Flyer
Contact Information:Yidong Bai, PhD
UTHSCSA Cellular & Structural Biology
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
Apply online at:
CSB Master of Science "Apply Online"