Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)
Summer Undergraduate Research Scholar Program
(Undergraduate students beyond freshman year)
Although great strides have been made in cancer over the past few years, we still need dedicated young investigators to continue the fight.
The program targets students after their first year of undergraduate studies with successful completion of basic course work in the sciences (biology and/or chemistry). Opportunities are available to study molecular biology, animal models, genomics, and drug discovery as well as DNA repair, cell cycle biology and stem cell biology.
A list of the faculty and their research projects are listed below
Work in a biomedical science laboratory. See the many approaches that have been taken in cancer research. Learn what it is like to be a scientist.
Is science research for you?
Get first hand experience in the lab! Undergraduate students with an interest in biomedical science have many career options. Spend a summer in the lab to determine if biomedical research is the right career for you! Watch out! It's EXCITING!
- Research experience for rising sophomores and juniors in science majors
- 9 weeks at the HSC in San Antonio
- Program dates June 02, 2014 to August 08, 2014
- $3000 stipend for living expenses
- Housing provided
- Apply online at UTHSCSA Embark
- Deadline March 23, 2014
- At least one letter of recommendation (can be emailed as pdf to Kerri Glaspie)
- Unofficial transcript
- Paragraph on research interest
- One half page statement of career goals
Faculty Participating in all Programs: