Mary K. Vaughan, Ph.D.Adjunct Associate Professor
University of Texas Medical Branch, 1970
- Dental School Faculty Assembly Teaching Excellence Award - 2002
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Graduating Medical Class - 1998, 1996, 1995, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986
- Piper Professorship (Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation) - 2002
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching - 1989
- Teacher of the Year Award (Medical Class of 1991) - 1989
- UT Board of Regents "Distinguished Teaching Professor" - 2010
- UT Health Science Center Academy of Master Teachers - 2008
Buzzell, G.R., J.L. Blank, M.K. Vaughan, and R.J. Reiter. (1995) Control of secretory lipid droplets in the Harderian gland by testosterone and the photoperiod: comparison of two species of hamsters. Gen. Comp. Endocr. 99: 230-238.
Vaughan, M.K., Menendez-Pelaez, G.R. Buzzell, G.M. Vaughan, J.C. Little, and R.J. Reiter (1994) Circadian rhythms in reproductive and thyroid hormones in gonadally regressed male hamsters exposed to natural autumn photoperiod and temperature conditions. Neuroendocrinology 60:96-104.
Rodriguez, C., A. Menendez-Palaez, R.J. Reiter, G..R. Buzzell, and M.K.Vaughan. (1992) Porphyrin metabolism in the Harderian glands of Syrian hamsters: In vivo regulation by testicular hormones, lighting conditions, pineal gland, and pituitary hormones. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 200:25-29