Services Provided by the Office of Regulatory Affairs & Compliance
- Provide guidance and interpretation of institutional, state and federal policies, regulations and procedures.
- Assist and/or facilitate discussions to revise and/or develop new institutional polices and procedures from external regulatory authorities.
- Review and critique specialized compliance training programs.
- Coordinate updates and changes to the Handbook of Operating Procedures.
- Review and investigate any complaints or concerns reported to the Office of Regulatory Affairs & Compliance hotline or through other mechanisms.
- Answer questions and concerns of employees, patients, vendors, affiliated hospitals and other interested parties on various compliance areas.
- Review clinical billing for medical, dental and health profession services.
- Consult with departments on ways to enhance clinical revenue and documentation.
- Provide analysis of billings to the national averages.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of clinical billing regulations.
- Assist in the development of specialized clinical training.
- Provide special training sessions based on requests or need.
- Complete reviews of clinical/human participant research and provide feedback on how to enhance procedures and record keeping.
- Provide special training sessions based on requests.
- Review clinic and departmental operations for compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to patients on their privacy rights.
- Investigate patient complaints.
- Investigate breaches of health information and provide notifications to patients.
- Provide special training sessions based on request.