Letter from the President
To All Employees:
In order to be successful in the 21st century, it is important that the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio clearly articulate not only its mission, but also its commitment to ethical conduct and integrity in the workplace. We have made a sincere effort and commitment to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This brochure sets forth an overview of the efforts we have made in implementing a comprehensive Institutional Compliance Program (Program). The principle functions of the Program are as follows:
- To perform a risk assessment of the institution's compliance issues.
- To continuously assess and monitor the effectiveness of compliance activities.
- To provide education and training on the compliance program and applicable laws and regulations that affect the University.
- To communicate instances of non-compliance to the Compliance Officer and the Compliance & Ethics Committee.
- To follow-up on compliance issues to ensure that appropriate corrective action has been taken.
It is our intention that all employees understand how to do their jobs properly within applicable legal, regulatory, and ethical standards. We all share the responsibility of behaving ethically, identifying any internal problems, and reporting them to the right people. This booklet describes some of the systems and resources in place to assist you in understanding and carrying out your legal and ethical obligations.
The public trusts us to provide the highest level of teaching, research, patient care, and public service, and to carry out these responsibilities with integrity. Your efforts in complying with all standards is important to this institution and the public.
William L. Henrich, M.D., MACP