Pay for Registration
Paying for registration fees is a frequent expense for
employee travelers. There are several ways to pay for this expense, some of them
allowing the traveler to not pay the registration out-of-pocket and seek reimbursement later.
HSC Pays Meeting Sponsor Directly
- The traveler will give all pertinent information on
the registration fee to the travel arranger.
- The expense is noted as "Prepaid Registration Fees" in the requisition's
- The travel arranger has two choices to pay for the
- ProCard - used only if the fee does not include any
other travel expenses such as lodging. Payment is usually immediate.
- Local/State voucher - can include allowable lodging
expenses wrapped within the registration fee if the organizer does
so, but payment can take longer for the organizer to receive
than using a ProCard. The payment is sent via a check from Accounting
The expense is paid directly from the authorized project/grant.Traveler pays and seeks
Traveler pays and seeks reimbursement later
- The traveler would pay the fee using a check or
credit card (whatever the organizer will allow).
- The expense is noted in the requisition's line
CLICK - If the traveler pays ahead of time, isn't it considered
|Any time the traveler pays for a travel
expense, it is not considered "prepaid". This term is reserved for
centrally billed items, such as UPT/BTA direct bills. Any expense paid
by the traveler must be placed in line details. |
- After the travel is finished, the traveler will seek
reimbursement using the travel voucher.