The freedom of having one's own rental is
a temptation that is hard to beat. However, some wisdom should be applied. For
example, if the traveler is merely needing transportation to and from a
convention and will have little time for anything else, check the prices of
taxis or see if the hotel will shuttle the traveler. If you find that renting a
car is still a better deal for the traveler, or the traveler simply insists on
having a car, here is some helpful information to have that car rented.
- Contact Corporate Travel. Although they charge $10
currently for just cars and/or hotel reservations, their ability to check all
three rental companies for special deals or promotions can save in the long
- It is best to book the car at the same time as
booking the hotel and/or flights. This will help prevent discrepancies in
dates and times.
- Contact a particular car company.
Advantage - 1-800-777-5518, code 745-TXC
Avis - 1-800-331-1212, code F999745
Enterprise - 1-888-291-0359, code TX745 (Intermediate instead of Standard)
- If you need to have the car billed
directly to the University, contact Travel Services for more
information or see the direct bill "how do I" link at the left.
- Please review http://www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/stmp/stmp-rental-car-contract/Avis/ concerning
Avis' licensee location, particularly in Texas. Some locations do not fully
participate in the State contract terms; please see if your location is listed
and what terms they do/do not honor.
- Enterprise http://www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/stmp/stmp-rental-car-contract/Enterprise/ and Advantage offer the lowest rates of all three contract
- Enterprise's Standard size can be rented under the
Intermediate size. There is no State rate for a "Standard" size car for
Rental Rates - Click here for the current year's
car contract rates.
Contract Rental Car Provisions - Click here
for customer contact information and insurance provisions.