Cancel a travel card account
Before deciding to cancel a travel card account, please keep in mind these points:
- According to UT policy, airfares must be purchased
via either a State-sponsored credit card (the travel card) or UPT.
- It takes more than a week to have a card issued.
If the cardholder still desires to have the card account closed, please use the following steps:
- Have the cardholder cut the card in half.
- Go to the application and print the first
page only with the following:
- 'X' or check "Delete/Close"
- Last eight digits of the card number
- Name as it appears on the card
- Have the cardholder sign to authorize closing the account
- Send the card and the signed page in a sealed
envelope to travel services via campus mail.
- Call (562-6216) or email (email@example.com) the Travel Coordinator to advise you are sending in a card and form to cancel an account.