Property Control assists departments in the safeguarding of institutional property and provides appropriate tagging and timely accounting for such property in accordance with state of Texas and Institutional regulations and policies.
Property Control oversees the following:
- Development of property control policies and procedures.
- Administration of final disposition of surplus, salvage, damaged, traded-in, cannibalized, transferred, obsolete, lost and stolen property.
- Administration of the annual physical inventory of the institutional property.
- Ongoing investigations and searches for missing property.
- Maintenance of inventory records.
- Reporting of information to the state of Texas Statewide Property Accounting System (SPA).
For further reference, see the Handbook of Operating Procedures, Section 6.3, Property Control.
Contact us using the Property Control-Admin mailbox.