The American Institute of Dental Public Health (AIDPH) invites you to attend the annual colloquium. This year, the theme will be: Precision Health and Future of Dental Public Health. Speakers will present on their research and educational initiatives surrounding precision public health and opportunities for integration into dental public health.
The mission of AIDPH is to lead the advancement of dental public health through science and education. In partnership with the American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD), the Institute promotes public health scholarship to dental public health scholars, advanced education students, residents, and dental public health residents through themed annual colloquia focused on emerging topics. These colloquia are designed to encourage forward-thinking and interactive discussion in an interprofessional environment. Last year’s event was titled, “Dental Public Health Informatics: Opportunities in a Changing Environment”.
This year's colloquium focuses on precision public health. Below are a list of resources if you are interested in learning more about precision public health.
- Four Steps to Precision Public Health
- 2016: The Year of Precision Public Health!
- Precision Public Health for the Era of Precision Medicine
- All Lives Have Equal Value: Reducing Inequality with Precision Public Health
- NIDCR 2030: Envisioning the Future, Together- Precision Health
- NIDCR: Enable Precise and Personalized Oral Health Care through Research
The confirmed speakers for this year’s event include:
- Dr. Kimon Divaris, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
- Dr. Harold Slavkin, Professor of Dentistry at the Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California at Los Angeles
- Dr. Jennifer Below, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Dr. Joseph Finkelstein, Associate Professor, Columbia University Medical Center
- Dr. Stuart Gansky, Professor, University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Dr. Michael Glick, Dean of Dental Medicine, The State University of New York at Buffalo
Dates: The Colloquium will be convened January 25th and 26th, 2018 in San Antonio, TX. Thursday, January 25th, will include a full day of presentations. The Colloquium will conclude at noon on Friday, January 26th.
Continuing education credits will be offered for this event.
Registration: The registration fee for this event is $100.00. This can be paid via one of the two ways listed below. Unfortunately, we cannot accept purchase orders for payment to attend this event.
Start your registration here: AIDPH 2018 Colloquium Registration
1. If paying by card, you may pay by Visa or Mastercard only.
2. If paying by check, please make checks payable to “University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio” with “AIDPH Colloquium” written in the subject/for section. You can mail the check to the address below:
UT Health San Antonio, School of Dentistry
Dept. of Comprehensive Dentistry
Attn: Elissa Klein
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
Mail Code 7914
San Antonio, TX 78229
Venue: The event hotel will be the historic Sheraton Gunter in Downtown San Antonio. The hotel is positioned steps from the River Walk, the River Center Mall, and less than half a mile from The Alamo. Visit the Sheraton Gunter website to review the hotel and surrounding area attractions.
The group block is offered at the GSA rate of $121.00 per night. The cut-off date for reserving rooms through the group block is January 6, 2018. To make your reservation , use the link below: